Thursday, April 7, 2011

It's 7.15pm here, and we leave in about 6 hours to catch the bus which will take us to the airport, headed for Milan, and then onwards to Venice, Rome, Istanbul and other parts of Turkey.

Pretty exciting, but honestly, I'm not feeling it yet. I just weighed my bag and it's 12.5kg - with our EasyJet flight over, there are only size restrictions but the other flights have weight restrictions of 10kg and 8kg respectively. We think we can check in luggage on those flights though. It's also just having that weight on my back, and I don't even have any jumpers in there...

I'm also nervous because none of us speak Italian. I know everywhere in Europe people speak English, but it's only my second time in a country where the first language isn't Enlgish and at least in Germany I could understand a bit of what the locals said.

I know, I know, it'll be fine, it'll be enlightening, it'll be amazing, but I'm just scared.


Ciao for now, back late on the 29th - Royal Wedding day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are crazy girl! its going to be SO good, and youre with other english speaking people so dont stress :)

this is alex by the way, speaking with experience from india, where i was worried but had no need to be. if the person you first try to ask something doesnt speak english, someone else will!

and this is probably going to arrive too late because you will have experienced it anyway!

have fun!!